Thursday, August 6, 2015

Birding in June and July

Summer is a busy time, and it's sure been flying by!  Here are some of my favorite shots I took while I was out birding in June and July.

Warbling Vireo in her little nest.



Juvenile Great Horned Owl



Juvenile Great Horned Owl



Downy Woodpecker



Juvenile American Robin



Red-Tailed Hawk


Sage Thrasher



Wrentit




Coopers Hawk



A 2nd Coopers Hawk flew in



Violet Green Swallow



MacGillivray's Warbler



Dark-eyed Junco


Along the way I saw some beautiful wild flowers and tiny insects,




















as well as a cute little chipmunk.






Even though I wasn't birding when I took this last shot, it's one of my favorites this summer.  I took this at 11:00 pm with the half moon as my only light, at Dee Wright Observatory near Sisters Oregon.   



Dee Wright Observatory - Lava Beds


Happy Birding!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Once approved, they will show on this blog. (Please, no external links in your comments, as they will not be posted.)

Thank you!