Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Big Snow of 2019

I'm from Eugene, Oregon and snowfall is something we don't see much of in my hometown, until last month when we received the 5th deepest snow recorded.  

The number one biggest snow ever documented here in Eugene was in January 1969 when I was just a kid.  47.1 inches adorned our eclectic college town.  I don't remember much about the difficulties it caused, I only remember playing in it. 

Last month the official recording was 19.1 inches.  And since I wasn't alive for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th deepest snow, you can imagine how excited I was to get out and enjoy the white stuff.

Lincoln Sparrow

Fox Sparrow

My Poodle having a taste.


Varied Thrush hunkered down and American Robin flying away.

Song Sparrow

Western Blue Bird

American Pelicans



American Pelicans with their heads in the water

Ruddy Duck (Winter visitor)

Red-shouldered Hawk (see his red shoulder!)

That's Wilson birding with me in the snow (when it's starting to melt).  He spots something!


Wilson sure had fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Once approved, they will show on this blog. (Please, no external links in your comments, as they will not be posted.)

Thank you!