Thursday, September 11, 2014

Silver Falls State Park

Silver Falls, the largest State park in Oregon, is spectacular!  I went in early September, and even though several of the falls were nothing more than a trickle, the rest were jaw dropping.

There are a total of ten waterfalls which can be seen from the "Trail of Ten Falls", an 8.7 Mile loop that includes the Canyon Trail, Rim Trail, Winter Trail and Maple Ridge Trail. 

South Falls - 177 Feet

Lower South Falls - 93 Feet

North Falls - 136 Feet


Upper North Falls - 65 Feet









Lower North Falls - 30 Feet






Middle North Falls - 106 feet
 
I love this picture my husband captured, walking behind the
Another look at the beautiful Middle North Falls

I've pictured six of the ten falls.  Double, Drake, Winter and Twin just didn't have enough water to warrant an image this time, but I'm hoping to return in the Spring,when the water is rushing, and the Spring flowers are in bloom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Once approved, they will show on this blog. (Please, no external links in your comments, as they will not be posted.)

Thank you!